Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Strawberry Ice Cream......but I don't even own an ice cream machine.
Strawberry Ice Cream
1 pint of fresh strawberries ( you could use frozen instead, I just happened to use fresh)
2 Tb sugar
2 cups very cold heavy whipping cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 Tsp vanilla
* Hull and halve your strawberries
* Put sugar over strawberries and let macerate ( do not let sit more than 30 minutes or strawberries will get mushy you just want them to release their juices)
* Once the strawberries are ready put them into a blender or chopper and pulse away until you have reached the desired consistency. ( I blended mine until they were a smoothie consistency I didn't want any big chunks just the flavor throughout)
* Take the cold whipping cream and but it into your mixer or use a hand mixer to get it to soft peaks.
* In the meantime while that is whipping up place the condensed milk in a seperate bowl and add the vanilla
* Fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk until completely mixed then fold in the strawberry slush
* Place in a freezer safe container and allow to freeze at least for 6 hours but better if left overnight ( I usually wait to cover it until it has pretty much set up)
WARNING....................... it can be very addictive :)