Wednesday, September 28, 2011

How do you make your cookie jar smile?

My husband and I don't always agree on things but what we do agree on is that cookies are a thing of beauty. His favorite happen to be the classic Chocolate Chip and although I can appreciate a CCC my favorite would have to be Snickerdoodles.  So on this beautiful fall day I decided to fill my sad and empty cookie jar with happiness and love......enjoy :)





I made the chocolate chip cookies from the original Nestle Toll House recipe. I feel that this is by far the best you can make I have tried others and always come back to this one.




For my favorite the snickerdoodle I go all out and break out my cookie book bible....................




Snickerdoodles:

1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups AP flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 TB sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon



* Heat your oven to 400
* Mix shortening, sugar and eggs
* Mix together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in another bowel
* Shape dough in 1" balls
* In a seperate bowel mix together the 2 TB sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon
* Place ball into and roll around in sugar/cinnamon mix to cover
* Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes

*** These cookies will puff up and then flatten out as they sit out

Cookies are a good thing they can make you happy when in a bad mood, make you feel like a kid again even when there is gray in your hair.



So what is your favorite cookie to fill your empty jar???

No comments:

Post a Comment