Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday in my opinion the best day of the week

So after a great night's sleep after lots of activity yesterday I woke up (without an alarm....I love when that happens) to sunlight enveloping our bedroom. I got ready quickly and was out the door. My cousin and his wife who are having a baby soon had a baby shower this afternoon and it was great to see some family I haven't seen in awhile.

I love all my family and although we all live within a short few hours drive in distance we can't always get together so occasions like these make me very happy. My cousin Eric and his wife Sarah are going to make amazing parents to a very lucky little boy. They are both teachers and just have that "parent instinct" to them....ya know what I mean.

So after eating some wonderful food and talking and talking and talking some more I headed back home. Ry-guy leaves early tomorrow morning and it was beautiful weather outside this afternoon so we decided to go for a last run outside before he leaves for two weeks.

I love my new shoes and my boring compression socks which I swear have made all the difference in my being able to run on a consistent basis without my knee popping out of place or swelling to the size of a cantaloupe.

I need to find some new workout wear I don't know if I have mentioned this before but I wear the same pants for every run and I have only 3 pairs of plain white compression socks. Maybe one of these days I will go on a shopping spree and just buy tons of new pretty workout things. I have never been a consistent worker-outer so I have never really paid much for workout stuff.

Now I plan on chillin on the couch, eating some bad food, playing some yahtzee and spending as much time as possible with they hubby till tomorrow. I just hate when he leaves even when it's just for a short time.

Tomorrow is gonna be filled with lots of cleaning, running, my first session of 30DS, and Oscars in the evening. I might have to make something extra special for that one. Hope you have all filled out your sheets to vote on your picks for the golden statues. I will tomorrow but I don't think I have seen any of the movies anyway so this is gonna be a total guesserou for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment