Wednesday, February 15, 2012




So I recently started running. I have jogged on and off for years but was never that good at it. I wanted so badly to join the ARMY right out of high school but do to a pretty severe knee injury that was just not possible for me. My husband though is a Captain in the Army National Guard and he runs a lot. So with his encouragement I have started running, I guess at my speed it would be considered jogging but at least it's a start.

I have come to see very quickly how absolutely addictive this running thing can be. I went last night with Rye-guy and when I woke up today I was ready to go again. As a form of true motivation I signed myself and the hubby up for a 5K in March. Now he can't go due to some military things and I will be running alone. Well let me tell ya that put a spark under my ass.




After running for a bit now I decided to go and get a "real" pair of running shoes that were fitted for me. I love my new shoes. I love being an utterly sweaty red-faced mess after my runs. Even though I am hurting during them it's not my knee its simply a lack of running in my past.




I did manage to do something that was for me at least spectacular the other night. I ran the equivalent of a 5K while Rye-guy was lifting weights. I seriously almost started crying right there in the middle of the gym. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal to other more experienced runners but for me it showed that if I work hard enough I will accomplish whatever goal I set for myself.


 


So our goal as a couple is to be able to run a half-marathon together next year. I don't see this being a problem in the slightest and am very excited about it.


I tried to convince him to do the Tinkerbell run with me and was given the NO WAY IN HELL look...LOL. I figured that one wouldn't go but maybe that is another goal for me to do on my own.




Off to do some work around the house then dinner and a late gym date with Rye-guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment