Saturday, January 7, 2012

pancakes #2



So these are my second set of pancakes on the clean eat diet. These are pretty much a mixture of two or three different sets of pancakes I have seen around on some blogs and in a couple of cookbooks.

In the Eat Clean Cookbook they suggest cottage cheese pancakes but they use whole wheat flour. Although I do think those will taste good I currently don't have any WWF so I decided to stick with the oats that I used for the first set of pancakes.Also I added my new protein powder to see if I would like the taste texture in any of the pancakes in the future.

Although these were good I will probably not be making them again. I do not add any kind of sweetener to the pancakes before making them and do not use any kind of syrup (sugar free or natural) on top after they are cooked. I think if you like a sweetness you should definitely add something to the mix. I think with these the mixture of the grainyness of the protein powder along with a not sweet taste decreased my taste buds liking these so much. They was however a huge difference in the fluffiness with these and that comes with the use of the cottage cheese.

Tomorrow I will be trying yet another kind of pancakes. By the end of this week I plan to have tweaked them enough that I will have found exactly what I want.



Cottage Cheese Protein Powder Pancakes


1/2 cup cottage cheese ( low fat)
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
2 egg whites
1 serving Protein Powder
Vanilla
Cinnamon

*  Blend all ingredients together

* Cook up each one (you should get 4-6 out of this amount)

*** Like I said if you would like a sweeter taste you could add some honey/agave/pure maple syrup

Calories: 370
Fiber:  16
Protein:  43


I ended up making 4 pancakes and ate half with crunchy natural peanut butter and some blackberries for my first meal of the day. I will eat the second half probably as my afternoon snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment