Friday, January 6, 2012

Green Smoothie

I love smoothies. This is a simple thrown together smoothie that is serving as my mid-morning meal. I recently ordered some new protein powder and am waiting impatiently for it to arrive. Most people do not get enough protein in their diet unless of course you are on atkins or something like that. I have tried many different brands and always go back to the same one.

Nutiva has been a favorite of mine for years now. It uses hemp for the protein source so it was a staple for me when I was a practicing vegetarian. The one that I choose also has an extreme amount of fiber per serving. We all know what fiber helps with......I really don't think I need to go more into that subject. It is a great way for me to get in the protein that I need each day without having to eat a ton of meat, which for me is not a huge priority food wise.

So I would normally put the powder into this or another smoothie but as I am currently out it is just a simple healthy smoothie.

Green Smoothie

1 cup Spinach (fresh & washed)
1/2 cup Almond milk
1/2 cup Frozen blueberries
1/2 Frozen Banana


Blend all together and enjoy!

without protein powder
Calories: 105
Protein: about 2g
Fiber: about 3g

with protein powder
Calories: 185
Protein: 13
Fiber: 15

No comments:

Post a Comment