Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Clean Eating Pancakes

 


This is what everyone thinks of when pancakes are mentioned. Those wonderfully fluffy slightly chewy loaded with butter and syrup miracles. 
Well when you are trying to be a clean-eater this is not what you are eating. So I have been reading and reviewing blogs and cookbooks for the past bit and am going to be trying to find the perfect pancake for me. These little go-to snacks are perfect for not only breakfast but that quick afternoon meal that I never know what to do. It has the carbs and protein that you need all in one little bundle. Add in a little all-natural PB, fresh berries, or microwaved banana and I have officially died and gone to heaven. 

So this will be the first recipe of pancakes that I attempt. They are simple and easy very light and delicious looking all in their own respect. I adapted these from a blog I have been following and LOVE and this is her basic recipe she uses most days.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I hope I do. * they turned out amazing I had to try a couple of course with some berries for my afternoon snack.........just in case they weren't as good and I would have to tweak them before tomorrow. 



Clean-Eatin' Pancakes
(adapted from The Fame of Health and Fitness)   

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
5 egg whites ( let sit until at room temperature to increase their fluffiness)
1/2 TB flax seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of baking powder




* Blend all together ( I use a magic bullet and it works perfect)



* Heat up your griddle/pan and one by one make these beauties



* They are VERY delicate so I let them cook a little extra bit on the first side before attempting to flip over
* Once all are cooked just enjoy......they are that simple people. 

***** NOTE:   At least for me the mixture at first seemed a little watery I didn't add anything just simply let it sit for a bit and stirred it occasionally. You could also put it into the fridge for a bit and that would also help to thicken it up. 

****ALSO: they will not bubble as much as regular pancakes so be aware of that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment